Monday, April 1, 2019

March 2019


March was a very stressful month for me. As I mentioned in my last post, we had the NBME exam this month. Studying for the exam was extremely intense. As I started reviewing and studying for the shelf exam, I was blown away by just how much we learned throughout the course. Even though it was a lot of information to retain, I feel that I now have a strong lasting foundation in pharmacology, and I am truly grateful for that. With the NBME exam behind me, it officially means the end of Med Pharm. While we still have our Cellular Control Mechanism course and other electives to worry about, the end of the semester is drawing near.  Just one more month and I will have earned my Masters of Science degree! Like many of my classmates, I am now shifting my focus to the future. I plan on taking the MCAT this summer. I also plan on looking for either healthcare-related or research job opportunities in the New Orleans area, since I plan on staying here after I graduate! For community service, I continued volunteering at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I truly enjoy working in the store, knowing that I am helping to support New Orleans Habitat for Humanity’s mission to eliminate poverty housing.

March hours: 9
Spring Semester hours: 18
Cumulative 2018-2019 hours: 52

No comments:

Post a Comment