Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 2019


Hey everyone, I’m back again for another blog post. Even though February is the shortest month of the year, the amount of material we covered this month was nothing short at all. This past month, the two blocks that we covered were Neurology and Psychopharmacology. When I started this Master’s program, of all the blocks that we were going to cover in Medical Pharmacology, Neurology and Psychopharmacology were the two blocks that piqued my interest the most. I was excited to understand the pharmacology behind many of the drugs that interact with the brain.  

Our Psychopharmacology exam was today and with that, it marks the end of our last Med Pharm exam before the NBME shelf exam next month. I can’t believe that we have finished all of our Medical Pharmacology. I swear it feels just like yesterday when I was studying antibiotics and NSAIDs back in September. Everything we have learned up till this point will be put to the test when we take the shelf exam next month. Even though it is a challenging exam, I am confident that all the hard work I have done throughout the year will allow me to do well.

With March around the corner, Mardi Gras season is kicking up. This past weekend, I went to my first Mardi Gras parade and I was blown away by how many people were lined up along the streets watching all the floats go by. I knew Mardi Gras was big but I underestimated how much Mardi Gras means to the citizens here in NOLA. I am looking forward to the rest of the Mardi Gras festivities.

February hours: 0
Spring Semester hours: 9
Cumulative 2018-2019 hours: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment