Sunday, September 30, 2018

September 2018


Hey everybody! This is my first blog post for the MS Pharmacology program in Tulane and I have so much to talk about! I was nervous, at first, about moving hundreds of miles away from home. However, I was excited about starting this new chapter in my life, and so far, I am glad I made that choice. In the first couple of weeks, I tried to experience as much as I can about New Orleans. From eating beignets at the world renowned Café du Monde to walking around and listening to the various jazz bands in the French Quarter, I can see why so many people call New Orleans home.

Last week we had our first exam, which went well, and we have another one on Monday. Each block covers a lot of material and it can get a little overwhelming at times but with the help of my professors and fellow classmates I feel like I will be able to succeed. Getting used to life in NOLA and learning how to study efficiently for the Pharmacology curriculum took a lot out of me but I was still able to find some time this month to volunteer for the American Cancer Society by helping set up for their annual Belles and Beaus Ball. It was great seeing all different types of people working together to help fund local cancer research in order to one day create a world free from the pain and suffering of cancer.

Now that I have said all I wanted to say, I need to get back to studying for this upcoming exam I have on Monday!

September Hours: 4
Cumulative Hours: 4

My fellow classmates and I setting up for the ball


No comments:

Post a Comment